Saturday, April 3, 2010

If marathoning were easy, anyone would do it

So I've officially dropped off the face of the running-blog planet.

Apologies.

I would like to claim that I am back, however I've been sidelined by an injury. I was running a Ragnar Relay in Prescott, Arizona in February with a group of people from my office. There I was, sprinting through a six mile run in the middle of the desert at 9:30 at night when my entire knee exploded into a series of internal flames.

Ouch.

Since then, I've been a lame duck, pooing around in spinning class and yoga, trying to burn calories walking up and down stairs. I thought "low-impact" activities would be good for me so I've been golfing a little since the weather has turned nice. Apparently, golfing also includes pretty significant weight shifting and for my left knee, searing pain. *SIgh*. All marathons are off until my April 6 doctor's appointment. Let's hope for the best.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hope the doctor's appointment went well! Looking forward to hearing the update :)